Working with us
I love building websites. There’s nothing much more satisfying than starting with a blank canvas and piecing together a website.
- Are thinking about setting up your first website
- Already have a web presence but want to update the design
- Have a design ready to go, and need it converted to HTML, or
- Have a static website that you want converted to a content managed website
I can probably help you out. Get in touch with me to have a chat about any web requirements you have.
I’m not going to bore you with my technical knowledge here, because I know that most of my clients just want to work with a web developer who talks in plain English. Instead, I’ll give you a quick taster of the kind of service you can expect from ScreenCandy throughout your website project.
Scoping and Design
- First, we will discuss your needs so I can get an idea of your vision for the site. Who are the audience? What do you want to achieve? What websites do you like/dislike? All this helps me build up a picture of your website.
- After that, I can advise you on the site’s information architecture and content structure. For many years I have worked on a range of websites: from tiny sole trader sites, to huge local government sites, so I am well experienced in this.
- Then we get to the fun bit – the design. I won’t just design you a flashy website with no regard for accessibility and usability. I’ll take into account things like colour contrast and spacing of elements to ensure your website is readable as well as slick.
- I will provide graphical mock-ups of new sites, and in some cases working prototypes, so that you can get a clear idea of how your site will look and work.