More about us
The brawn behind ScreenCandy is Neil Sayers. He designs and develops websites for small businesses, professionals, charities or any other organisation who needs a web presence.
He has been tinkering with web design as a hobby since 1997, and built a huge amount of experience in HTML and CSS design. However, it had always been difficult for him to find an application for this knowledge, as most users wanted to update their own websites and back when I started out, I didn’t know how to do that.
Then in 2010 in he found the WordPress content management system, and a whole new world of opportunities opened up.
If Neil is the brawn, then Collette is the brains… Except she’s hasn’t got a bio yet.
Oh well. I guess you can read a bit more about me down below… In the first person. Sorry for the change!
Key technical skills
- Hand-coding HTML and CSS to very high standard
- Build responsive and mobile-first designs
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- Excellent knowledge of web accessibility guidelines
- Knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques
More geeky detail…